viernes, 11 de junio de 2010

Men v/s Women

In the actual world, women have almost the same social position that the men and her influence have been increasing over time.
Personally I have been raised in a "women environment". My parents are separated, and since I was child I’ve lived with my Mother, Grandmother and my sister, and the 3 generations are different. My grandmother didn't work, she got married when she was 21 and only my grandfather works and brought money to the house, while my grandmother cleaned the house or took care the children. In that period, most of women didn't have voice or vote, and only was the wives of men.
My mother studied Music pedagogy and both with my Dad worked, and brought money, but my mother took care of me and my sister and cleaned the house, and his boss was a man so she didn't have much work and her salary wasn't very high. In these years there were many inequalities in the works position, and if men and women had the same job, there were an inequality in the salary (today there is a big difference in these items).
Now my sister is studying Art in this same University and is very independent, she is very bossy with her boyfriend and wants to live alone. Today my mother is the school's counselor and don't need anyone that can help her.
Actually we have a society with gender equality in the most of aspects, even women can make better works than men and her influence in the important decisions have been increasing very much (Last president of Chile was Woman).
I have the capacity to interact with men and women of the same way.
In my house we take turns the house tasks, and there's not a preferential treat with me.
Finally I think that there are not many difference in the contribution that each of the sex could make in my area, but one of them is the sensitive, because the women generally have more sensitive than men and can understand more of emotional states of the people who have some pathology.

1 comentario:

  1. Hello Cristóbal:

    Yes it is a truth, actually now the genders are more equal in the rol distribution I think that is good. But I think too that is important that the man and women take the rol irreplaceable of male gender and female gender respectively specially in a marriage and the children care.

    Thank you!

    ResponderEliminar